Alexa is service that collects and shows traffic details about a website. It also has it own ranking system called Alexa Ranking. But, the drawback is that it just counts the number of visitors who visit a website with their Alexa Toolbar installed. And unfortunately, it was available one for Internet Explorer, while majority (about 90%) of the people use Firefox. It remained a drawback for a long time now. And today, they have released their new toolbar for Firefox called Sparky. It looks less like a toolbar. It just adds a menu called “Related Links” and takes up a small space in the Status bar to show the traffic rank and the Reach Graph.
- Related Links: Find sites that are similar to the one you are currently visiting.
- Traffic Trend: A sparkline showing the traffic trend from the last four months.
- Reach Meter: A neat little indicator that shows the site’s Reach.
- Traffic Rank: Shows the current site’s Alexa Traffic Rank.
- University Update – Firefox – Alexa Toolbar for Firefox
on July 20th, 2007 at 3:49 pm